Saturday, May 3, 2008

the sweet taste of bureaucracy

I was just listing down some of the important tasks to be done before I am eligible to start my MBA at CEIBS.

1. Loan
2. Health insurance
3. Pack up Accenture
4. Accenture relieving letter
5. China Student Visa
6. Thailand Transit Visa
7. Tickets

Of course, this does not include my personal list of to-do's!! (I'll post it later). But I have to get the above things done as soon as possible... Time is running out fast and I've got just 3 months more. However, it's not as of I am lazing around, watching the May Sun shine brightly. I've hit upon a potential deadly devastating (ok, enough) deadlock.

1. Loan - Just wasted 2 weeks working with the bank that eventually, due to some absurd policy of theirs, had to deny my loan application. (Bastards!) I'm back at square one now, with a fool-proof plan, that should, hopefully get my loan approved by May end/Early June.

2. Health insurance - This is scheduled to be done by July end. Not a priority right now. My health is perfectly fine so that I survive next 3 months at-least. I jog everyday now. (No idea why, but I guess some girls jogging in the morning are the driving force behind my motivation)

3. Pack up Accenture - Will put down the papers officially by end of this week, and get-off by May end.

4. Accenture relieving letter - This will obviously be done after I resign. Just have to make sure I get this before I fly-off.

5. China Student Visa - Waiting for JW202 form from China Ministry of Education. Following up with CEIBS. (Make it fast guys!!). Website says 4-5 working days to process the visa. No Big Deal I suppose in getting this done.

6. Thailand Transit Visa - Oh hoooo... Why Thailand??? Well, due to the fantastic efforts by Karthik, one of my to-be batch-mate, we are flying to Shanghai via Bangkok and will be freaking out in Bangkok for 3 days. Looking forward to that. Transit visa wil be done after Chinese visa is done. Processing time - 2 days.

7. Tickets - At least this is done!! Thai Airways, 14-Aug-08, 11:35 PM (bye bye Mumbai)

..........................

No comments: